Monday, September 24, 2018

Divide and Conquer


Funny: On Thursday we had a lesson with Madison and Nay Nay. They are sisters, but they have very different attention spans and learning styles. So one reason we serve in companionships was shown when I basically taught Nay Nay the Plan of Salvation by watching "What happens after we die" about 6 times and by Sister Taylor fielding Madison's deep questions about the Atonement. It truly is necessary that we "go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God" (D&C 42:6) 

Spiritual: We got to hear from Tad R. Callister (which I learned is pronounced "Call"-is-ter like as in phone "call" and so I've been pronouncing it wrong my entire life) last Saturday and it was fantastic! He only spent about two and a half hours with us, but you could tell the things he was teaching were things he was good at teaching and had prepared well for. The instruction he gave us that I found the most fascinating was when he taught us the Plan of Salvation using only scriptures from the Bible. So the answers to life's hardest questions really are in the scriptures, it's just sometimes hard for people to see them with all the misinterpretations. Elder Beheshti of the area Seventy also spoke and taught us how David (who slew Goliath) wasn't actually an underdog, he just knew his potential. Pretty cool! 

Where I'm at: I get to stay another transfer in Paragould!! YAY! Sister Taylor is staying too :) We had a great time at the mission P-Day last week and had a good time talking with other missionaries and are so grateful for our amazing senior couple missionaries. 

Have a great week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment