Monday, August 27, 2018

Question of the day: Why don't people answer the missionaries?


Funny: We serve at the senior center a few days a week helping prepare lunch. One of the other workers, Becky, always asks me what my joke is for that day. The one from this week is one of my favorite ones so far so i thought i would share it here :) 
A man was driving down the road when a policeman stopped him. The officer looked in the back of the man's truck and said, "Why are these penguins in your truck?" The man replied, "These are my penguins. They belong to me." "You need to take them to the zoo," the policeman said. The next day, the officer saw the same guy driving down the road. He pulled him over again. He saw the penguins were still in the truck, but they were wearing sunglasses this time. "I thought i told you to take these penguins to the zoo!" the officer said. "I did," the man replied. "And today I'm taking them to the beach." 
It got a good laugh, so enjoy! 

Spiritual: We were trying to reach our daily goal of finding one new person to teach and then were having no success, even after tracting for a few hours. We had texted so many people to try to set up appointments, but nobody was responding. Once it had gotten too dark to safely knock on doors we got back in our car to head home. Then, amazingly, we got a text back! We were able to set a return appointment and had a new person to teach right before 9:00. Miracles are amazing! 

Where I’m at: We have so many leads and we have delivered so many bibles in the past few weeks so we just need to be able to find ways to keep teaching people. This week should be warmer again, but then September will come and with it, the changing of leaves and cool breezes. I'm so grateful for the Atonement and for the tender mercies that the Lord shows all of us!

Have a blessed week!
Sister Black






No comments:

Post a Comment