Monday, October 8, 2018

Inspired questions... who knew?


Spiritual: We had a really fantastic lesson with Lisa this week, she just made our day! We started out unsure of what to talk about, but then Sister Taylor asked a whole bunch of inspired questions and Lisa really opened up and we were able to teach a really brief Restoration lesson and connect it to her. She's been taught by missionaries a whole bunch of years ago and is really wanting to find out more about what God has in store for her and how she can truly be happy. Plus! She gave us Capri-Sun and Oreos!

Funny: Sister Jackson spoiled us rotten this week. She made us deep-fried catfish with her special homemade tartar sauce. Then, for dessert, she made us deep-fried Oreos, deep-fried twinkies, and deep-fried snickers. The catfish was awesome, but the Oreos were absolutely #1! 

Where I'm at: I loved General Conference! I felt like I learned so much more since I came with questions and the answers just poured in. The theme that I noticed was that we need to up our game and really take upon ourselves the name of Christ. In my situation, it's even more drastic since I literally wear his name on a badge and people can see it. I think that as I purify my efforts and remember his sacrifice, it will change my attitude and the things I do. I'm so excited for the articles to come out!!

Happy fall!




No comments:

Post a Comment