Monday, November 19, 2018

Snowfall


Spiritual: We had met Trasie one time, but through her crazy schedule and the busy weeks she had we hadn't been able to teach her again so Sister Taylor and i actually stopped teaching her. This week, however, Sister Mitchell and I were able to have the most amazing lesson with her!  Our visit with her was the highlight of her day (and our day) and we learned about her family and casually taught her the first few points of the Restoration and then she became invested and wanted to know what all we teach people about and we were able to get more in depth. After we taught her about prophets and then about Joseph Smith, she said "that makes so much sense". She was supposed to come to church on Sunday, but wasn't able to make it, but we are so excited to teach her again! 

Funny: It snowed! Who would have guessed? Not us! So, we got to have a last-minute drive down to Bartlett, Tennessee with the most amazing Sister who had to drive back in the middle of the snow flurries. Oddly enough, the path that she always takes goes right through Millington so I was like "hmmm, Sykes Road... We have officially entered into the Millington area!" I just wanted to spend an extra hour and go check in on all the people that are up there, but I thought that wouldn't be realistic. Our adventure didn't end there though! We got to the apartment of the Sister Training Leaders and I got to have a sleepover with 5 companionships of sisters in one apartment. We were good though, and went to bed on time, although there weren't really enough places for us to sleep so I slept on the floor. It was a blast to be with the good sisters of the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission!

Where I'm at: This week was a good week and we had a few cold days and a few warm days so it all evened out in the end. We were able to have a few lessons and a few of the kids we are teaching came to church for the Thanksgiving potluck. We are so grateful for the wonderful members who stepped in to give us rides this week and I absolutely loved Zone Conference (I seriously can't believe it's my last one). Also, if anybody has heard horror stories about My Plan (the course you take your last 6 weeks) don't believe them, I am absolutely enjoying it and I learn a lot about what I want to do with my life from it. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts! 





No comments:

Post a Comment