Monday, December 24, 2018

Home Sweet Home

Funny: The morning I was set to arrive home, there was really bad fog at Dallas, which was where we had our connecting flight. That meant that our first plane ended up leaving almost 2 hours later than it was supposed to and so we got put on another flight to Salt Lake. The funniest part was that as we were hanging out at the airport, we were able to just have fun, while doing missionary work! So, we talked to everybody, gave out a copy of the Book of Mormon, gave away a few Book of Mormon app cards, and met some members of the church. It was so so so fun to be walking around and to have somebody random just say “Hi Sisters!”. It was like they took us at the bravest peak of our missions and put us in a confined space with a bunch of other people who were just looking for something to do. It was the best!

Spiritual: The past few days since I’ve been home, I’ve been reflecting on how much I learned on my mission and what things changed about me. It made me realize how much the Lord was invested in me. He sent me to the right mission for me. He gave me a Mission President who supported me and trusted me. He allowed me to be companions with people that I could learn from and that I could help. He put people in my path that would be connections to build and friendships to keep. It just makes me gawk to know how great a responsibility that Christ has placed upon my shoulders, he’s given me those experiences and now will put me in new, challenging places so I can lift up those who feel down and help people understand God’s love for them. I am so grateful I went!

Where I’m at: I arrived home on Wednesday, Ammon got engaged on Thursday, and we officially started Christmas! It has just been delightful to see the lights and the good cheer and seeing my family again was just the greatest thing! How did I go without them for a year and a half? I’m happy and I feel so loved! I start college in early January and am going to spend my interment time packing and preparing everything I need.

I will be speaking in church about the things I learned and the experiences I had on December 30th, 2018 at 11:00 am at 932 Greenoaks Dr, Murray, UT 84123
Afterwards, there will be refreshments and a light lunch at my home at 5595 s Fairhaven Cir, Murray, UT 84123





No comments:

Post a Comment