Tuesday, July 10, 2018

"Branch"-ing out


Spiritual: Sister Taylor is the new sister who is serving with me in Paragould and she is AWESOME! She is so on top of things and she remembers names and details so much better than I do. We are excited to figure out what this new area needs and figure out what needs to happen so that we can find those who are ready to be taught within our boundaries. We even already started teaching a guy named John whose wife was a member and he seems really interested in learning more! The members are really open to new people and want to see their branch grow. 


Funny: I rode on the 12-seater passenger van from Bartlett, TN to North Little Rock, AR. It is about a 2 1/2-hour drive and we had 6 sisters and 5 elders. On the trip, the sisters mostly studied or slept, but the elders talked about old areas, miracles, and converts. I was very impressed by the many miracles that have happened in our own little ALRM! 

Where I'm at: This week I spent 1 day in Millington, 3 days in Little Rock and 3 days in Paragould. It was a lot of traveling! I will miss the wonderful members from Millington, but the Paragould area is right for me right now. While I was in Little Rock I got to stay with Sister Winn, Sister Chapple, and Sister Ball and we did a lot of finding and then a lot of preparing for training. It was a pretty uneventful Fourth of July, but we did get to hear some fireworks. 







1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sister Black for your service with us in the Millington TN Ward! I will miss you & your dedication to this area! I know you will do well in Paragould & I look forward to seeing your future missionary experiences! Know that Bro C & I both love you and thank you!

    ReplyDelete