Monday, July 30, 2018

Fun Facts about Paragould


Spiritual: In our mission we are invited to read the Book of Mormon 7 times throughout our time of service. I have officially finished it 4 times now since I finished it again last Wednesday. Then I got to figure out what i wanted to look for as I read it again. It was really bugging me that nothing seemed right and I thought about it all day. That night I still hadn't felt good about anything and I decided to pray about my question. I had a thought pop into my mind and after I finished my prayer I knew that my answer had come. So, now I am reading the Book of Mormon and going verse by verse to figure out why that verse is included. It is taking a lot more time and pondering that the previous times I've read the Book of Mormon, but I know I'm going to learn so much from it. 

Funny: Last week, Sister Taylor turned 21! Yay! We had a birthday dinner with our Branch President and their family. There are 5 kids and when they sang "Happy Birthday" it was filled with passion and vigor! The funniest thing was that they didn't have candles with a 2 or a 1 so they did 8 and 8 and 5, which add up to be 21! It was awesome 😁🎂🎈🎉

Where I'm at: This transfer is speeding by. Paragould is cool. We actually got to go to the Paragould Historical Museum (we were thinking of volunteering there) and we learned that although we pronounce it "Para-gold" it should be pronounced "Para-ghould". Like as in the ghost type thing. This week starts August and school later in the month which could be good for coordinating schedules or make it harder. We are totally expecting John to come to church next Sunday or even be baptized within the next few months so we are happy about that. 

Have a blessed day!
Sister Black



No comments:

Post a Comment